Lolli and Grace Jingle All The Way Stitch Along - Part Two
It’s time for the second part of our stitch along, which means we get to stitch the “shiny” bells!
If you need to find information about previous parts of this stitch along, click the links below:
Embroidery Stitches For Part Two
Color Chart For Bells
Felt Patterns For Printing
There is (1) page of felt patterns for you to print. However, there are two ways to access that PDF.
Option 1. Click on the link below to go to a Dropbox folder with the felt patter PDF. Once you download the PDF, print the pattern onto full size label paper. (These patterns need to be sticky, so do NOT print them on regular copy paper.) Make sure you print at 100%. :
Jingle All The Way Felt Pattern
Option 2. Hover over the image below until a download arrow appears for you. (How this arrow looks might vary depending on the type of computer and/or operating system you have. For some people it might show up near the top of the image, and for some it might be more towards the bottom.) Click on the arrow to download/open the image and then print the pattern onto full size label paper. (Again, these patterns need to be sticky, so do NOT print them on regular copy paper.) Make sure you print at 100%.
How To Cut Out Felt Patterns
1. Print the patterns onto full-sheet sticker label paper following the package directions.
2. Cut out each pattern, leaving a small amount of space around the printed outlines.
3. Peel off the paper backing, but before applying each sticky pattern onto the felt, repeatedly stick it onto a scrap piece of fabric or felt (even a towel or your jeans or t-shirt is fine). This will reduce the stickiness and prevent the adhesive from making your felt patterns too fuzzy.
4. Adhere the patterns onto felt.
5. Cut out each piece and then peel off the paper backing.
6. Carefully trim away any fuzzy edges.
Stitching The Bells
-Use 3 strands of black thread and a brick stitch to fill in the holes on the lower section of the bell.
-Use 3 strands of thread and a brick stitch to fill in each section of the upper and lower parts of the bells. Follow the curve of the bell as you are stitching.
-Stem stitch the loop at the top of the bell with 2 strands of thread.
-Couch around the top and bottom of the bell, using 6 strands of DMC #3852 for your surface thread and 1 strand of the same color for your couching thread.
-Cut out the felt rim. Tack down this felt piece with a few tiny stitches of any color of yellow thread.
-Use 3 strands of thread to satin stitch over the felt.
-Couch the top edge of the rim with 6 strands of DMC #727 couched with 1 strand of the same color. Couch the bottom edge of the rim with 6 strands of DMC #3852 couched with 1 strand of the same color.