One Meaningful Word #7: Kaleidoscope Stitch Along
I think you're really going to love this one, and here are just a few reasons why:
• It's colorful (no surprise there, right?), but it's also on my favorite gray background fabric.
• This design is really like a stitch sampler. There are lots of stitches here (29 to be exact), many of which are foundational "basics." If you're a beginner, this one is perfect for you! There are also stitches that are a bit unique, or familiar stitches used a bit differently. Even if you're an experienced stitcher, I'll bet there are stitches that could very well be new to you. And even if you know all of the stitches, there might be some threads that you've never used before.
• It uses variegated threads, which I love. But sometimes it's hard to know how to utilize them, so this is a great primer for understanding how to let the beauty of these threads really stand out.
• As with the last couple of One Meaningful Word SALs, you can either choose to create a word for the center, or leave it off and just stitch the design by itself.
So now that you're here (and I'm so glad you are) please read through ALL of the information below about how it all works. This is what you'll need to know!
• The stitch along will start on Saturday, March 11th.
• There are three ways to complete this stitch along:
Option 1: Purchase the supply kit with everything you need included. (More details and a link for kits below.)
Option 2: Purchase the printed fabric panel but purchase all of the other supplies yourself. (More info about fabric panels and a link below.)
Option 3: Purchase the PDF pattern (transferring it to your fabric yourself) and gather/purchase/use your own supplies. (There will be a supply list posted in a separate post.)
• If you are purchasing the PDF pattern, you will only receive the line drawing/pattern. I will be donating to a food bank with proceeds from the PDF patterns.
• During the dates of the SAL a link to a Google drive folder will be posted here on the blog. That folder will contain PDFs with the instructions, diagrams, and links to video tutorials for each part as it is released.
• A short time after the SAL is completely finished, all of that info will be taken off the blog and moved to my shop, where you'll be able to purchase the complete PDF pattern or the supply kits.
• There will be EIGHT parts to this stitch along. Each part will have complete instructions, stitch diagrams, and a link to a detailed video tutorial on the Lolli and Grace YouTube channel.
• In just a day or two there will be a complete supply list available right here on the blog if you are not purchasing a kit and want to get all of your supplies ready to go beforehand.
PDF Patterns, Supply Kits, And Fabric Panels
Pre-orders for supply kits are available in the Lolli and Grace shop. Pre-orders allow me to accurately judge how many people want them, so I can do a better job of making sure everyone who wants a kit, gets one. But these always sell very fast (and often sell out), so if you think want a supply kit, don't wait! Click the link below to get one:
The kits are priced at a “Stitch Along Only” lower price, and they will stay at that price throughout the duration of the Stitch Along. They will continue to be available in the shop after the Stitch Along ends (subject to availability of the supplies), but the prices will increase after the Stitch Along concludes.
Pre-printed Fabric Panels
Although there will be detailed instructions about how to transfer this design, it does have a lot of detail. Purchasing a pre-printed fabric panel allows you to totally skip this step! Click the link below to get a fabric panel:
Pre-Printed Fabric Panel for One Meaningful Word #7 "Kaleidoscope"
Here is a link to the PDF pattern if you will be transferring the design to the fabric yourself:
PDF Pattern for One Meaningful Word #7 "Kaleidoscope"
Stitch Along Schedule
• Part One - Saturday, March 11th
• Part Two - Saturday, March 18th
• Part Three - Wednesday, March 22nd
• Part Four - Saturday, March 25th
• Part Five - Wednesday, March 29th
• Part Six - Saturday, April 1st
• Part Seven - Wednesday, April 5th
• Part Eight - Saturday, April 8th
All of the instructions and the video links will stay on the blog for the duration of the Stitch Along, and for a short while after it finishes. So if you don't finish your hoop while the SAL is running, THAT'S OK - DO NOT STRESS ABOUT THIS! At some point after the SAL is over, I will remove everything from the blog and it will all be available in the Lolli and Grace shop. Therefore, if it's going to be a while before you're able to finish it, you are welcome to print out the instructions and patterns for your personal use later.
If you're not already, follow me on Instagram, because I will be sharing updates and lots of photos from everyone who is participating over there. I have a very active and fun community of creative people on my Instagram, and I'd love for you to be a part of it!
As always, I know that's a lot of info for right now, so keep an eye out here and especially on Facebook and Instagram, because I'll be talking about this stitch along in those places as well as here on the blog.
I am looking forward to this SAL, after doing the Moon Crystals SAL I just knew I had to do another one and when this went up I knew I would be joining this SAL. Thank you.